1.03.2011

Hello 2011...

I had planned to share my New Year's resolutions prior to 2011, but preparing for a New Year's Eve party (more on that later) and entertaining out of town guests, though enjoyable, has kept me from the writing desk. So, this year, I resolve to...

1.


'nuff said.

2. Save more money

This should be relatively easy since I have specific events and trips to save for. I have a few good friends (and now family!!!) getting married this year in Alabama, Georgia and Texas, which means plane tickets. I think I can handle cutting back on eating out and making needless impulse buys if it means getting to celebrate with my nearest and dearest on their big day. Also on the books for 2011, a Baltic Sea cruise! So every time I drop a penny in the piggy bank, all I will hear is, "Cha-ching Eur-ope!"

3. Start that book club

Several DC friends and I have been discussing a book club for months now. We are all pretty big readers, but it would be so much fun to discuss our books as a group (and enjoy some wine and yummy snacks). We've been throwing ideas around, but now it's time to actualize them.

4. Speaking of reading...

I am currently enrolled in an online market research course through the University of Georgia...and have been since, oh, October. I have one year to complete the course, which sounds doable, but it has been so difficult to motivate myself to read a textbook and complete the exams. I plan to push myself to not only get a jump-start (albeit delayed) on my assignments but also to complete them at a steady pace, rather than cramming everything in at the last minute, like I would typically do during the college days of yore...

5. Keep the blogging momentum going

I have really enjoyed blogging! To the point that I really look forward to my next posts and I am constantly thinking of different things I want to actually blog about. (I even have a notebook where I jot down post ideas haha) It's amazing how much inspiration you can find out there, so I shouldn't have a problem with content.  I just hope to continue to approach The Bookshelf with enthusiasm and make it a regular part of my life. It's something that has bolstered my confidence and something I feel good about doing, and I hope you all have enjoyed it thus far as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment