1.24.2011

Restaurant Week

Each day this week, I will be sharing a favorite restaurant or watering hole in the DC area. I've tried to narrow my list down to 5 unique establishments that are located throughout the city, so you can get a feel of DC from Capitol Hill to Cleveland Park.

I'll start with CAVA.



Location: Capitol Hill (Barracks Row)

Cuisine: Greek-inspired tapas

When to go: Mondays - they serve all of their bottles of wine at half-price!

Should definitely order: Lamb sliders, disco fries, scallops with mushroom risotto, lamb chops

Why I love it: Where should I begin...

Cava is conveniently located within walking distance of my house, so it's become sort of like Cheers (you know, where everybody knows your name...literally). Their small, Greek plates make Cava a great place to go with a group of people and try a bunch of different stuff. Their portion sizes are bigger than other tapas places, so you can even order a plate or two for yourself and leave completely full and satisfied. I can honestly say that I have enjoyed everything I have tried at Cava. Good food at an affordable price, served by friendly and not unattractive Greek men keeps me coming back again and again. The half-priced bottles of wine don't hurt either...

No comments:

Post a Comment