1.05.2011

NYE

So I mentioned the other day that I was pretty busy last week prepping for our 2010 NYE party. The party turned out to be a huge success, so I thought I would share a few of the decor/food ideas we came up with.

In lieu of throwing down big bucks to go to a hotel or bar party, my roommates and I decided to host our DC friends, as well as some out-of-towners, at our house for the countdown to the New Year.

Several weeks before, we sent out custom-printed invitations with a bubbly and metallic theme. It's a New Year's Eve party so the champagne was a given, but we were able to keep the metallic theme going by placing gilded decorations throughout the house.

Such as this gold banner and these whimsical hanging things

My roommate created this festive centerpiece on the dining room table where we served all the food. This menagerie of party items was pulled together in a snap and included beads, leis, mini bottles of proseco and several mercury glass votive holders to add mega shine.


After some debate, my fellow party planners and I decided to leave the Christmas tree up in our house. We agreed that the tree added instant merriment to any party and frankly, none of us were ready to let Christmas go. Plus, we found some creative ways to deck the tree out in NYE style. First, the tree received a new topper in the form of a metallic gold (noticing a theme yet?) top hat. We also thought it would be cool to place the New Year's tiaras on the tree. We thought this was decorative and a good way to keep the tiaras out of the way until our guests arrived and were ready to start wearing them.




Other decorations, such as these retro looking noise makers, were placed throughout the house so guests could easily grab them whenever the party mood struck.









Southern Living definitely saved my holidays this year with some great recipes. These Caesar salad bites looked fresh and colorful, and they were a cinch to make. Find the recipe here.



For sweets, I made a couple different batches of cookies. At the top are Almond Snowballs and at the bottom is Snowflake Shortbread. Again, made possible by Southern Living.


Surprise! The snowflakes were topped off with gold sprinkles
 Finally, no NYE party is complete without a champagne toast at midnight. I picked up some additional cheap stemless champ flutes at World Market (one of the hostesses already had a bunch) and lined them up next to a shiny ice bucket. Just before the countdown began, the bubbly was poured and the glasses were passed around. Cheers to 2011!!!


Did you all opt to stay at home and have friends over this NYE or did you venture out and celebrate at an all-you-can-drink affair?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 334 as always, throws yet another awesome party!

    ReplyDelete