It started with a snow storm...
2010 will forever be the year of the Snowpocalypse. DC received record snow and more than I have ever seen in my life (apart from ski towns out west). The entire city was out of commission for a week, meaning my 4 wonderful roommates and I had some serious bonding time.
As things started heating up, my friends Caroline and Chris came to visit. Luckily for them, they visited during DC's Cherry Blossom Festival, one of the most beautiful times of year in the city. Other visitors included Rachael and Junker in August and Hayley during her month-long staycation in October.
We "wined" a little...
2010 was packed with wine tastings. First there was the second annual 334 and friends wine tour. For Hayley's bday, she, Tara, and I visited Willowcroft and Bluemont vineyards. Both of which were my favorite Northern Virginia vineyards that I've visited so far. Cousin informed me of Schneider's FREE Wednesday wine tastings, thus satisfying my wine cravings on a weekly basis.
We took a few trips...
The beginning of March saw us shredding pow pow in Jackson Hole, WY and visiting Ashley and Thadd. Our last night there, I had one of the most amazing beers ever. It was Rogue's Chocolate Stout. It may sound kind of bizarre, but beer with a hint of dark chocolate is very appetizing. Now I just need to find it in DC...
334 and the gang jetted (on Jet Blue) to Boston where we rented a 12-passenger van for our long weekend in Rhode Island. Did you know that Ted Turner was asked to leave a private club in Newport because he was not wearing his tennis whites?
I welcomed my 26th year of life in the glorious city of Chicago, where the restaurants are B.O.B, Wrigleyville is too much fun, we had the most amazing cinnamon rolls, and we could see the whole city from 103 floors up.
We finally made it to the National Championship...
With Cam Newton working his magic, the Auburn Tigers went 13-0, clenched the SEC Championship title, added another Heisman winner to our legacy and....well, I guess we will see what other accolades we can add in a couple of weeks.Finally, my mom and Frazier, after many months of searching for the perfect house, finished building their dream home in December, just in time for Christmas!!! I can't wait to share more details of the house, so stay tuned for pics and updates as the decorating comes along.
It's good to reflect on some of the fun times you've had and remember those moments that led to where you are now. It's also exciting to think about all the fun moments and memories that are ahead in the new year. So, without further ado, please bring on 2011!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment